Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should marriage counseling be required and not just recommended for soldiers returning home?

Why or why not?Should marriage counseling be required and not just recommended for soldiers returning home?
NO


There are actually some Soldiers that don't need marriage counseling.


I got sick and tired of all of the questionnaires we had to fill out for health and mental problems. That was more infuriating than anything I experienced in Iraq.Should marriage counseling be required and not just recommended for soldiers returning home?
no. counseling doesn't work if its forced. i think part of counseling is for both to agree to do it and to go.


when i was a little kid if i was forced to clean i didn't want to do it but if i decided on my own to do it and to do because i knew it'd make my mom happy and proud, i'd do it and i'd do it well.


Same concept.
No it shouldn't be. My husband and myself never had problems. We already have to sit through enough BS classes when we return from deployment I don't need another one.





The person that knows my marriage best is my husband and myself.
I think it's a personal decision between the husband and wife, and not something the military should force them to do. Deployments are hard on a marriage and marriage counseling should be highly recommended but not required.
Well marriage counseling is most effective when both parties are involved and while they could order the soldier to do this, their spouse who is likely a civilian, cannot be ordered to do so.
Absolutely not. Counseling by its very nature should be voluntary. If I were forced into such situations, I would just play along and pretend. It would be an exercise in futility.
To require counseling destroys its effectiveness. It is the natural instinct to rebel.
It probably wouldn't hurt.
yes. my best friend's husband has had several tours and he comes back as more of an asshole to her each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment