Saturday, August 21, 2010

If I changed my last name (due to marriage) can I still travel with my passport that shows my maiden name?

I still have my old drivers license and social security card and a marriage license.If I changed my last name (due to marriage) can I still travel with my passport that shows my maiden name?
You can, but in these post-9/11 days, there's always a chance may hassle you for any little thing that seems out of place. If you're traveling within the next 2 weeks, then you'll have to pay extra to expedite a new passport so all your documents match up.





Otherwise, just use what you have, save the money, and hope they don't hassle you. But printing new documents is just something that you should always do when you change your name or address, just to be safe.If I changed my last name (due to marriage) can I still travel with my passport that shows my maiden name?
I wouldn't. There's a big chance you'll get hassled. If you're looking for links to all the name change forms, http://www.namethatbride.com/ is a good site to visit.
If all your I.D.is in the same name and your ticket too, you could. But you should really go ahead and get them all changed..you will have to eventually, so do it and be done with it. See site below for passport info.
I would call a place that issues passports and ask this question. I know that my daughter just got married and was planning on traveling and did an expedited application for a new passport because she did not want problems....





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment