Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Harvey Milk and the legal fight for gay marriage?

I loved the movie Milk, and I still can't believe we live in a country where only 2 states know the true meaning of equality under law. Go figure. I was wondering if there is a good website or book that illustrates all the major points in the legal fight for gay rights and gay marriage. I would especially like to see which *laws* support this fight. Thanks!Harvey Milk and the legal fight for gay marriage?
The needs of children come first, and children need to grow up with male and female role modeling.Harvey Milk and the legal fight for gay marriage?
1. Didn't see the movie, but Harvey Milk wasn't assassinated because he was gay. He was killed, along with another man, because the guy that killed them got fired, begged the mayor for his job back, the mayor refused to give him his job back, and then the fired guy went in and killed them both.





2. While you're busy talking ';equal rights'; in CA, I do believe it is CA who advocates aborting children with Downs syndrome and other disabilities, because ';it's not fair,'; and ';it's such a burden.'; It would make your head spin if you knew how quickly ';think about termination'; comes on the heels of ';might have Downs.';





While I agree that a gay person marrying does not cause a ripple in the universe of hetero married couples, and it is an equal right under the law to marry -- and I say that as a Christian -- I would be far happier to see someone take up the torch for these little children whose parents now sue for ';wrongful birth.';





90% of kids diagnosed with Downs -- before they're born, so NOT confirmed -- are aborted. How about equal right for them?





P.S. I appreciate your heart on the matter, I really do. And I think that gay couples should be allowed to marry. No skin off my teeth whatsoever.





Maybe I'm just having a bad day, having yet been told again that my daughter belongs in a home because she's a ';burden'; on her siblings.
Actually, 5 states now perform gay marriage. We're making progress.
  • lipstick kiss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment