Friday, July 30, 2010

Why do people not agree with gay marriage?

So I get that people don't like/support gay marriage. What I don't understand is why? Yes, it's in the Bible that it's wrong, but why does it matter to YOU if you aren't gay? I don't understand why people are against it so much. If it doesn't affect you, then why would it matter who got married and shared THEIR life together? I also don't understand if someone isn't religious, then why does it still matter? I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.Why do people not agree with gay marriage?
When they call it ';marriage'; it comes with an activist agenda. That means lawsuits when churches refuse to perform gay marriages! That means children are taught about gay marriage without parental permission at a very young age. Won't happen? It already has!





Civil unions, not marriage. Gays already have legal rights!





There is no federal ';right'; to get married.Why do people not agree with gay marriage?
The Bible says God blessed Adam and Eve, a solemn vow that binds them as man and wife, the very essence of marriage. That essence focus there, and not man and man or woman and woman. If two individuals of the same sex choose to live together as man and wife, let them live together, but not to the extent entering into marriage, violating the very essence of it created by God. If homosexuality not acceptable in the Bible, same sex marriage is another insult to the injury!
Some people are ignorant. Its as simple as that. And most of the time it all has to do with religion. I don't see how religion is still dictating marriage, nowadays though. I just hope people can overcome being so blindly hateful, biased and ignorant. They say their bible says it is wrong but their bible also says not to judge others such hypocrites. I think its the whole 'Holier than thou' syndrome. They want to fight against it because it makes them look more godly, they want people to see them fight. ';look at me im doing gods work';
I agree. I'm fully supportive of gay marriage because love is love, and religious beliefs shouldn't be part of legislation. I just think of my gay friends - most of my guy friends are gay, I guess you could say I'm a fag hag - all the women in my family are, lol. I love them as much as I love all of my friends, because they are good people who are fun to be around. It hurts to think about the discrimination they face, because they don't deserve it. I especially feel hurt when I think about two of my best guy friends who have been a couple for almost 4 years now. They are probably my favorite couple I have ever known, gay or straight - they are more in love than anyone I've ever known, but not in that annoying in-your-face way. It's in that way where everyone that knows them agrees that when you see them, you just KNOW they are meant for each other. It seems so hypocritical that some religious people would refer to their love as an ';abomination';, or a threat to the ';sanctity'; of marriage (whatever that really means). I think it's so stupid that people would oppose the little bit of real love that still exists in a world full of hate and ugliness.
I'm a straight female. I believe in gay relationships to an extent. I think that if you want to be in a gay relationship and get married then go for it. BUT, think it's wrong when I see two men/women in public places holding hands or showing affection. I was in a WalMart the other day and there were two guys making out in an aisle way. I mean, I don't even believe in that form of PDA with straight people! I'll peck my boyfriend on the lips in a store but NEVER will I make out with him! But, to answer your question, I think that people are scared to move another step forward in gay ';freedom'; per say. In my opinion, if two people of the same sex want to spend the rest of their lives together (via marriage or not) then so be it.
that crap about the bible is wrong, people use the bible as a weapon, but in the bible that letter from that guy he states that he abstains all sex, whether straight or hetero, sex should only be used as reproduction, nothing else, theres nothing in the bible about not getting married, and to those bibble thumpers out there, how many are women and where are your veels? or any people's ancesters where slaves, and where are your owners? these things are in the bible, but how many people follow them?
I don't agree with gay marriages because why would you want to join something that's against you? The bible says you should be stoned to death but you want to make a covenant in the eyes of this God?





However i do agree with the legal aspects. That's why i agree in civil partnerships. Look at what happened to Freddie Mercury's boyfriend when he died.
i'm not really sure why. people think about it as not being natural i guess. i agree with what you're saying though. if you know that you're not then why does it matter if someone else is.





i know alot of people i talk to always say eww what if they hit on me. But what they don't seem to understand that they are regular people!!





for example you don't think about hitting on EVERYONE you see of the opposite sex. guess what, neither do they (of the same sex haha).


but even if you get hit on you can always say sorry i don't swing that way. no one is about to attack you over it.





as for the confusing children thing. i agree with that in a way but also if they're in a loving home why does it matter. i understand it can be hard but they will learn to accept and they will grow stronger. especially since (if they were adopted) they could be put in foster care and move around from one home to another.


there are many situations. but just as an example
Because I think supporting it is encouraging it. I don't want to encourage a little boy or girl to discover or prove if he or she is really a boy or a girl.


I don't believe that there is such a thing. I just think that our culture now doesn't encourage individuals to ';discover what they are'; but rather, it ';confuses who they are';.
In America we are supposed to have freedom of religion. I wish it were so. For some reason it's okay for the Christians to impose their laws on the rest of the country. The only reason gays can not marry is because Christians believe it's wrong. That's it. It really goes against what America is supposed to be all about.
yep... your question and our opinion is right according to your thought.. when you come outside of that circle and first think practically whether its a right act.. its wrong as accepted by you.. your are talking a bit crazy.. you expect unlawful things to be declared lawful. this makes the law meaningless. right now u got to know that gay marriage is against bible, because your in the same generation where it started. imagine when your born itself gay marriage is legal. then right you wont feel that to be wrong.. so rights must be reserved to impart right things.
People are ignorant. If it's not ';normal'; or ';correct'; by the stupid bible then it's wrong.





Well, you know what the bible says that murder is wrong and it doesn't specify so killing animals is wrong. UH-OH a lot of religious people eat meat. They're going to hell too.






Personally, I think its about time that couples that act married should have to pay marriage tax like the rest of us.
It makes some people feel oh so powerful to be able to rip the Civil Rights away from a minority group.
I feel the same way that you do. Let people be, dont strip rights away especially if it doesn't affect you in any way.
Many should just learn to kive and let other live.


Accept that their freedom ends up where the freedom of others begin.



some people are just old-fashioned, ignorant and intolerant
try tellin the government to separate church and state *sigh*
what you will get as answers from gays is alot of name calling against those that dont want it, reality speaking most people dont want to be forced into thinking a certain way and thats what gays want, they want to force people to see thats its ok, for example, the people of calif have voted 2xs against it, but now gays want the court to force the issue even though the people said no, gays lives would not change one bit if they didnt use the term marriage, they already have partnership laws that allow them protection and benifits, buying property ,medical ect, when you talk to gays they say we just want to be able to love my partner, well they do that already, and get the same bennies as married couples under those laws, the only thing they dont get is SS when the other partner dies, but thats a federal thing and not a state thing, my question would be since they already get partnership protection why do they want to use the term marriage, gays can buy property together, get medical insurance together, ect,, so why do they want the term of marriage
This is a good question. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality between two consenting adults who are not blood relatives. Some people are just ignorant, pushing their own religious, brainwashed, puritanical beliefs on the whole world. I am sick of hearing people's beliefs about the bible-this and the bible-that. Well, guess what? - People are still arguing over whether or not there even is a god or not! It's wrong to enforce biblical beliefs on the world when there is STILL not even 100% proof that there even is a god, and not everyone is a Christian. Faith is not proof. Not everyone is a christian, so therefore it is wrong to force the bible on everyone. If YOU believe in the bible, then YOU can go live according to that. But nobody has any right to use it to tell others how to live, what choices to make and who they should and should not love. That's like taking one cookbook of one culture and telling everyone to only eat the meals that are in that book! I am a lesbian. MY father is a minister and I know I was NOT put on this earth for a man. My heart has always been with women, and YES, homosexuals can procreate, despite not desiring heterosexual relationships. We have reproductive organs, and you don't pass homosexuality on automatically to all children, and there's nothing unhealthy or harmful about being homosexual. That has been proven. My parents are straight but I didn't turn out straight. Gay couples can raise kids who are not gay. The point is, LIVE AND LET LIVE. It's not anyone's place to decide for others how to live just because they believe in the bible. I'm glad if you are happy, but gays and lesbians also have the same right to be happy as you do. It's in the U.S. Constitution that America is not supposed to be a Christian nation. Homosexuals fall on love just as deeply as heterosexuals do, and marriage is about the bonds of love. Not the bonds of religion.





And anyone who thinks that 'gays already have rights' is a complete moron who doesn't know the first thing about this issue. Gays DON'T have equal rights, and that's what we are fighting for. Some people just don't know what it's like to be discriminated against and have to fight the ignorance just to get fair treatment.


There, I've said it.
Other than the fact that it's sickening that we have women on earth put here by GOD for men, why would a man want to sleep with another man, and GOD didn't make Adam and Steve he made Adam and Eve. And if kids are involved it confuses the child(ren) before they even fully understand sexuality and they should know the truth about the bond of woman and man.



It just ain't right. Did your dad say if you are a man';go find a Nice man to keep you happy?'; My guess is no.Do you always go against the mainstream? Not even going to get into the moral/religion aspects of this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment