Friday, July 30, 2010

Have you ever just met someone out of the blue and questioned your whole marriage?

Just because your are more compatible with that new person? Or am I dreaming- the grass is Always green on the other side?


I have been dating/engaged/married for 5 years- I never felt this way before?





Nothing happen- no cheating........ We just spend the weekend with some friends- and someone NEW was there.Have you ever just met someone out of the blue and questioned your whole marriage?
The fact that this person has caught your attention points out the temporary state of ';love';. The powerful attraction we feel for someone is a result of chemistry, literally, and fades with time, to be replaced by either a strong, familial bond or apathy.


Your infatuation for your partner has passed its expiration date. This attraction to a new person is simply a signpost. Which way do you want to go?Have you ever just met someone out of the blue and questioned your whole marriage?
I COMPLETELY understand what you are talking about! I am having these exact same thoughts. I lay in bed at night thinking about how things could be different and then of course feel guilty for even thinking these things.


Nothing has went on in my situation either, but I still think about the grass on the other side and it looks much greener...


I hope it works out for you, I just keep thinking that it is just a new fascination for me and it will pass but instead it keeps getting stronger... it is so confusing!





Good luck to you!
Never. I've met beautiful women that had a lot of interests I shared. Women that perhaps I could have had a wonderful life with. But, I never questioned my marriage because of ANY other woman. I love my wife. She does have a lot of medical problems, and probably won't live to see 60. But, I treasure every day we have together, and wouldn't trade a single minute with my wife for a lifetime with Miss Universe- even if she had Bill Gates' money. We don't have much, but I'm far richer than I ever hoped to be. EDIT By the way, it's not just that I'm an old fart now. I didn't want other women when I was 25. Always LIKED women, but had the one I wanted.
I do think it is a case of the unknown and grass is greener... I have met women that my body instantly react to in a very positive manner but when my head gets to kick in I realize that if I was with them full time the ';perfection'; I see currently would definitely fall apart. That is kind of why fantasies are better than the real thing
My wife did that. We were having tough times and she met some guy who paid some attention to her. He gave her lots of great advice and seemed like such a nice guy. Then two months and one affair later, our marriage is wrecked and I guess it will never be the same again. Then my wife found out she was just one in a string of little flings that this ';nice'; (married) guy has had. Her name was splashed all over local web gossip sites. Now the one man who has stood by her for 16 years (even when she was a scared pregnant 19 year old) doesn't know if he can ever trust her again. If we divorce, how will she explain to her teenage son what she did? Will all her family and friends (most of them know) ever look at her in the same way again? She feels like a fool now and knows how badly she was tricked and played for a fool. She wishes she could take it back but the damage is done.





Are you beginning to get my drift?
Maybe the new person you met is your soul mate? I don't really know if there is such a thing, but I have had this happen to me. I met someone like that whom I still feel strongly connected to even though I made the decision to delete him from my life. I stayed with my husband but honestly I think about this person almost everyday and have not seen or talked to him in almost a year.





I wish you luck with this and I hope whatever you do works out for the best!
grass always seems greener on the other side because after knowing someone long enough you see their flaws, or ways that you're incompatible (no two are exactly alike), so the new person you meet out of the blue seems perfect in every way. Why? because you don't know him or her. It's a passing fancy. Hope your marriage means something to you.
Temptation will always be there, you just have to view the pros and the cons. Is what you have going good? Than why chance losing it. Most people end up cheating because they miss the rush of being in a new relationship and their current one has probably started to lose much of its spark. It happens to everyone, and that is why only 50% of marriages survive over 10 years.
Everything seems great when it's new





Car, House, Relationship, Etc but as it ages it takes maintenance to maintain





So no I haven't but I am also going through a divorce now too but that was because SHE cheated
Yeah, I did the before. It was stupid, though. Her true colors were shown the more I was around her. After that, I realized it isn't always a matter of being more compatible--but more of me tryin to find a reason to do somethin different. That doesn't help anyone in the end.
Yes, and fell in love with him.


It was heartbreaking, he loved me too.


But my loyalty had to be with hub and kids...especially kids.





I sacrificed my happiness for theirs, which I thought was the right thing to do.





I still love the other guy with all my heart and miss him every day!
Boredom may be the biggest cause of troubles in marriage so you sound like you need to put spice in it. So spice it up find out what spouse wants and put it to them
the grass isn't always greener on the other side.. but if i was you since your married i would def stop seeing him if you have feeling for him.. good luck with ya..
I bet your hubby feels the same way about someone new.....now you can both feel wonderful
Nah, I just sleep around whenever I'm horny.
Nope thats never happened to me. Ofcourse Ive been attracted to other men, but question my marriage? nope!
No

No comments:

Post a Comment