Friday, July 30, 2010

What is the most romantic or unique marriage proposal you have known of?

Well, sadly, it's not MY proposal, but fortunately, it's my best friends! It was so romantic! It was during a party in her hubby's house (let's just call him M to make it easier).





Well, the party was inside, so they both decided to go outside, just across the pool. She told me that for a while of talking, they both walked around the pool, in the moonlight in silence. Then suddenly, she noticed that he had disappeared. So she called his name, a bit frightened, since it was dark. Of course, after calling him, and asking if it was just a joke, her instincts told to her to go into the house.


Suddenly, while she was running, he ran towards her, and with her in his arms, M leaped into the pool with a ziplock full of m%26amp;ms (since both their names began with M, it was their initial 'candy', which also was represented GREATLY in their wedding, but that's another story...). He asked her if she wanted to eat the m%26amp;ms now, and her reply was something like ';In here? NOw?'; he just asked her, ';why not?';


So she opened the ziplock, and while eating the candy together, she stumbled upon a diamond, tiffany engagement ring. He then told her ';You told me that yesterday how happy i've made you, and i plan on doing so for the the of my life. Marry me?';


She was so happy, she almost drowned (but surprisingly, didnt lose the ring), but he lifted her up. Her reply was quick, ';YES!';


4 days ago What is the most romantic or unique marriage proposal you have known of?
My girlfriend was led on a scavenger hunt. He gave her the first clue at home and she spent the whole day going to all their favorites spots for clues. She went to the high school where they met--and her favorite teacher had the clue, to the movie theater in ';their seats'; on their first date, to the venue where they went to prom, to their regular Saturday breakfast spot, to her best friend's house, to his uncle's place where he flies his own airplane--he took her on a ride over the mountains where they spent three days hiking (her clue was under his uncle's hat), a number of other places, and at the very end, he proposed at a park gazebo where all her friends and family were waiting (he knew she'd appreciate sharing the moment with her family).





She started the journey at 8am and he didn't propose until 10:30pm.


It was so romantic and all everyone talked about for months.What is the most romantic or unique marriage proposal you have known of?
My wife proposed to me. She had no plan, she just blurted it out. We had only dated 5 weeks, but ';just knew'; we were meant for each other. I picked her up after her work at midnight. She was Head Nurse on the OB floor, and had a very bad day. Lost several patients. She didn't even want to go out, just wanted me to take her home. I talked her into getting takeout and going back to my place. She spilled an entire plate of Italian food on her blouse and skirt. Went into bathroom to rinse it out and left clothes in bathtub to soak. I was still wiping up marinara sauce off the couch and carpet when she came out wearing one of my shirts over her tights. She was crying, I told her we would just share my plate. She said something about me being soooo sweet to her, yada yada, then said, ';I'm ready to get married, how about you?'; I said, ';Yeah, I guess so.'; She sort of barked back, ';You guess so!!! Is that all you have to say about it?'; I replayed the scene in my mind and asked, ';Was that a proposal?'; ';Yeah, I guess it was.'; ';Well why didn't you say so?'; She said, ';Will you marry me?'; I got up and gave her a both hands on both cheeks kiss and said ';YES.'; We got married 2 days later, on a Chicago beach, at sunrise over Lake Michigan, with our friends, flowers, and a gallon of Ripple wine. That was 42 wonderful (mostly) yrs ago next month.
My fiancee is a big time bowler and me and my son have been going every week sometimes twice a week to watch him bowl (its only a big deal cuz we live an hour apart right now) but i dunno if u've ever seen the score screens above the lanes but they just have the persons initials instead of their full names and he had it all planned out and had his cousin get there earlyand enter thier names and put in my man dereks name as ';will you marry me'; and u have to get a strike or whatever to get the full name to come up on the screen and he knows i always watch for his scores.....well hes a really good bowler and he got up for his turn and looked back at me and was like this ones 4 u baby and got a strike....when i looked up and saw the message on the board i started to cry and by the time i turned back to him he was standing in his lane on one knee with thee most beautiful ring ive ever seen!!!! The whole bowling alley was in on it too (its a small community) so when they all saw derek go up every knew what he was about to do and everyone stopped bowling and just watched!!!! We'll be married within the next year!!!! :)
my cousin, Wynn, was proposed to by her husband-to-be four weeks ago. He's a contemporary artist and at his art show in orange country he flipped over one of his paintings being sold and on the back in big letters it said ';Will you marry be Wynn?';





And she said yes. And they ended keeping that painting.
My friend took his girlfriend on a lake boat ride. He had a plane draw a heart in the sky with a note saying MARY ME! Her name was MARY.
after my water busted, he got down on one knee and popped the question with a cubic zirconia in the middle of my trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment