Friday, July 30, 2010

What to do when lost in a marriage after 17 yrs?

My wife started a business a year and half ago, she spends a lot of time there from 5 am to 6-7pm. I have taken over the household chores,paying the bills, and working myself 40 hours a week. All her time and money go right back into the business. Our marriage is none existent, we spend no time together. Our kids are pretty much grown. She just does not see or want to hear that she has no time for family anymore. This business is her dream but at what costWhat to do when lost in a marriage after 17 yrs?
I like your picture. :)


I started a small business 3 years ago, and Yes, it's draining. Home is chaos, and the communication with husband is B a d.


If I could do things over, we should've had a 'family meeting' of the changes coming, and Solutions from everyone on how to handle it. (You're a gem to help out at home, I don't have that going for me. *pout*)





People have told me to do this:


-hire a cleaning lady once a week, (mainly kitchen and bathroom)


-take a business class on how to delegate more work to employee/s





Maybe she's going through empty nest syndrome, and this business is replacing a void.





If you're feeling neglected, then tell her you need time together. You're in the beginnings stages of a dying marriage.





*EDIT I just re-read your question and notice your kids are still home. hello. Mine are both in high school too.





Another thing, if you and her can make some goals together, as in where you both see yourself and business in 2-3-4 months, or possibly cut down on the store open hours.





The 1-2nd years are the hardest, and I don't see how she can maintain her schedule without getting burnt out.





You should schedule things to do with children, even if by yourself, she'll feel like she's missing out.What to do when lost in a marriage after 17 yrs?
ask her over a date....

No comments:

Post a Comment