Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you support an amendment banning gay marriage like Sarah Palin?

The Washington Post reported on the speech in which Gov. Palin says she is against gay marriage and feels its a sin.. what do you say?Do you support an amendment banning gay marriage like Sarah Palin?
That' s her belief and she has a right to believe whatever she wants. That goes for everyone else who believes in the same faith. But she has to realized not everyone in America has the same belief. ANd not everyone is of the Christian faith. America is known for it diversity. That includes religion. For me I could care less what the Bible says or any other religion says. Just don't preach to me or try to shove it down my throat. Most likely it'll go in on ear and out the other. After all government has no right telling people who they can date or fall in love with. In fact no one. They should keep their faith to themselves. If they want to represent true democracy, then they should treat everyone equal, despite religion, sex, nationality or sexual orientation.Do you support an amendment banning gay marriage like Sarah Palin?
I think fornication, sex before marriage, being drunk, not taking care of your children if your are a parent, adultery, lying, stealing, jealousy, envy, and many many others are also a sin. BUT I wouldn't put a ban on any of it.





The way people feel about gay marriage is the same way African Americans were treated before and during the Civil Rights Movement, and the treatment of the victims of the Holocaust.








I may not agree of their lifestyle, but I'm the last person to judge, and for all the true GOD believers, ';Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone';. Their marriage and their beliefs will not the affect the sanctity of my marriage and what I believe in, these are all excuses to scare others to agree to the oppression of others.


Politicians also scared people about the actions of making black and white people equal.
We here in Ca. are being asked to vote on this very issue. Prop 8.


Gay Marriage or any marriage should not be voted on. BUT if people choose to vote on whether or not gay couples should or should not marry then I want to vote on all the horrible hetero marriages too.





No amendment, equality for all Americans regardless of color, creed, religion or sexual orientation.
I think marriage is bourgeoise romanticism's finest hour. But, hey, just because I'm an old crabby leftist doesn't mean you young ppl shouldn't have all the romanmce you can stomach. Go for it. I'll always vote pro-gay anything. Even though I still think marriage is a dying institution.
YES - Sarah Palin should not have a gay marriage.





BUT the rest of us? We pay the same taxes and get different rights? Yeah - right. She can have her gay marriage amendment as soon as we have the soccer mom amendment:





Amended: No Person that drives children to soccer practice shall be considered for public office.





I mean it's only fair. Who's going to pick up that dropped burden of driving children to soccer practice? The Taxpayers? I think not!
Absolutely not! We have the right to the pursuit of happiness. Religion and state are supposed to be separated anyway. And the way I see it, if God was absolutely against it, then there would not be gay or lesbian couples. I say go for it, if you find the one you love, then marry them. Who are we to judge love?
Absolutely not! Church and state are supposed to be separate, first of all. And second, take the time to write out all the possible sins that Palin could ban. Let's see her daughter would have to go to jail for sex before marriage. Are they gonna start fining us for eating red meat? Look now getting a divorce is illegal again. It didn't work in the past so why does she think she can do it now?



gay marriage?





It isn't gay marriage.





It is God's marriage...
We should not legislate against ';sin'; at all. In the US, there are too many religions and we shouldn't favor one belief over another.
I say it is not my place to judge anyone. I am voting NO on 8! The supreme court already said it is legal in California. Equal rights for everyone.
No. I say live and let live. Let gay people live their own lives.
Biden says the same thing.
i think its there right to chose

No comments:

Post a Comment