Friday, July 30, 2010

To the people who currently support gay marriage-Did you used to think gays were weird or were you homophobic?

Just wondering, and what changed your mind with your views on gays? Friends? Family? Just wondering what made you change from not liking gays to supporting them.To the people who currently support gay marriage-Did you used to think gays were weird or were you homophobic?
I use to be homophobic when I was an insecure teenager. But the difference between me and the extreme right is, I GREW UP. Its not mine or anyone else's place to tell people who love each other what they should or shouldn't do.To the people who currently support gay marriage-Did you used to think gays were weird or were you homophobic?
My opinion: What someone who I don't know in any way at all has Absolutely no effect on me or my life. I'm not gay, and I don't know any gay people, but I do think they should be allowed to marry and share their lives with who ever they want. It's really none of my business.





I'm married interracial and the thought that 50 years ago I would not be allowed to marry the man that I love is horrible. It's the same thing the gays are going through now.
I never had the opinion that gay people are somehow wrong. Nobody can really hold that opinion without resorting to old testament morality - and that shouldn't be part of modern law.
I never really had a negative opinion on gays or gay rights. I think they should be treated the same as anyone else...love is love is love.
As I grew older, wiser and became better educated, I realized that it's none of my business what two other adults are doing behind closed doors. Or the government's.
Consenting Adults should be able to do as they wish in a free society
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment