Friday, November 25, 2011

Is it weird that my girlfriend is against gay marriage?

i'm not sure how i feel about it either. i really don't believe in marriage period. i do, however, believe in equal rights.Is it weird that my girlfriend is against gay marriage?
I don't think it's weird. As an openly gay woman, I really don't believe in gay marriage. I do however, as you said, believe in equal rights. I think that maybe a system comparable to civil unions but with the same rights of a marriage (such as recognizing spouses as primary decision makers) would work a lot better than just allowing everyone a ';marriage.'; Plus, it throws out the Bible argument.Is it weird that my girlfriend is against gay marriage?
That is a little weird actually. I mean, even if she herself doesn't think she would want to get married and even doesn't ';believe'; in marriage, she shouldn't be deciding for other people whether they should be able to get married or not. And especially since she's gay, she should know how it is possible for two people for the same sex to love each other, which is hard for some people to get over.
I know a lot of politically savoy LGBT people that understand that marriage isn't the only solution to the issue, and that there are a large number of other things that should be changed before gay marriage is made a priority.
I'm kind of with that. I am gay, and married.





Well, not married as such. I have a ';Civil Partnership'; which gives me the equality. Besides, in my country, marriage is a religious institution, and I want no part of that.
i think it is cuz you u call your self Gay then you well want to help your peeps out .Its kinda like Buying a burger cheese meal with alot of fries....then getting the diet coke.you know what i mean
Are you lesbians?


because if you are then I do think that it could be a little awkward if she doesn't believe in gay marriage and she is gay.
The bigger question is ';why?';





If she is against it because of some religious thing, yes I think that's weird.
Not weird. She's just has a conservative view on that issue. Good luck.
A little bit but she is not alone. Some LGBT's feel that they want no part of traditionally straight customs.
That is really really wierd. Not even gonna lie that is odd
No it's not weird, some people are just that way.
No it isn't.
um... yeah...
i am against it too your girlfriend must be a lesbian i am in love with her

No comments:

Post a Comment