Friday, November 25, 2011

If your marriage ended in divorce, would you turn your wedding ring into a right hand ring?

My marriage ended badly. I'm over it now and it's no big deal. However, at first I wanted to sell my ring, but I really love it and just can't see getting rid of it. Anyone re-size their ring and wear it as a right hand ring?If your marriage ended in divorce, would you turn your wedding ring into a right hand ring?
No i wouldn't wear it on my right hand I would make mine in to a cl*t ringIf your marriage ended in divorce, would you turn your wedding ring into a right hand ring?
Personally, I would not be able to keep it. Especially if the marriage ended because of adultery or something painful like that. It would only remind me of the failed marriage and cause me extra pain.


But if you love the ring and don't mind keeping it then of course change it over to the other hand. No sense in getting rid of something that you cherish/enjoy.
My MIl turns hers into new jewellery as well.


I personally would go that route so that in the future you don't have to explain to some hot guy why you are still wearing your wedding ring, even if it is on a different hand. He'll automatically think you're not over it when you are and just like the ring. It's like having your exes name tattooed on your hand (according to my brother).
My Mom turned hers into a very beautiful right hand ring because she loved the diamond so much and my father was a miserable drunk jerk. Now that I am grown she gave it to me and that's mainly because it didn't fit her anymore. I think if you love it do it. A diamond is forever even if a man isn't. :)
I tried wearing my wedding ring on my right hand. However, without acknowledging, I would take my ring off my right hand and put it back on my wedding finger. After continuously doing that, I just took it off and put it in my purse. Haven't worn it since.
I'd save it for my kids, but if I had no kids, I'd have it reset. I have a 2 carat solitaire, and I am NOT getting rid of it, ever.
Wearing your ring on your right hand is traditionally done by widows and widowers.





Keep it and wear it on special occasions.
If I divorced or got another ring I would definitely wear mine as a right hand ring. It is very unusual (never seen another like it) and I love it as much now as the day I got it.
I gave mine to my daughter, it was just a band. I didn't want to wear it again. Bad reminder.





If you love your ring, wear it in the best of health.
I turned my in towards a different ring, a got myself a nicer one





Kinda of celebrating the end to a very mad marriage.
dont sell it it brings bad luck


just well hum keep it


stored in some place


it represent that that


piecem ment something


to you before but now


its over :)
No, I'd probably keep it in my jewelry box just to remember what once was.
I turned my ring into earrings and sold the large main diamond
I sold mine. I needed to do it for my own closure and piece of mind.
Do what makes you happy.
no, get rid of it with all the bad memories!!!!


or give it to your child for their significant other.
HELL YES
When I got divorced I pawned mine and proud of it
I'd pawn that sucker off. Oh wait, my ex-husband stole it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment